Monday, July 27, 2009

Little Heroes Prom


April 3, 2009
Every year, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society puts on a prom for the pediatric cancer survivors in the area. It is so fun-- the kids LOVE to go! Ryan and I have fun, too, but our night is usually spent chasing little people around, trying to keep them in sight, and (this year) preventing them from leaping off the stage and breaking their legs/arms/heads!Dylan was afraid to go up on stage alone, so he got a shoulder ride from Daddy Dylan, receiving his medal from Dr. GHummer limo rides! Tyler and Kayla thought the limo was so cool....There was also a free photo booth (but I can't remember where I put the pictures from it--whoops!) Kayla helped Riley do the macarenaTyler helped Riley dance, too ("dance ME, TyTy!")Our little guest of honor chowed down on cookies-- I really should have gotten a picture of the chocolate fountain, too, since that's where our kids kept migrating! Colby slept through the whole thing ('cause that's what 2-month olds do!)

They had a professional photographer taking family pictures (for free!) there-- I was reluctant to wake up Colby earlier while he was sleeping so nicely, so I collected everyone just before the photographer shut down for the night (10PM), we rushed in after a night of dancing/chasing, plopped down......and this is what we got! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is a neat idea to have a Prom for the kiddos. I'm so glad Dylan made it through all that. The photo of the whole fam is great. I can't believe what a hoard you have. Fun.