Friday, February 18, 2011

A Vacation Alone

Holy toledo, it looks like I'll be going on a little vacation to Utah-- ALL BY MYSELF! Shocking. The last time I did overnight girl stuff, I believe, was 7 years ago, when my dear friend-sister Sarah had her first baby. Her parents rented a couple of little beach-side suites (cottages maybe?on a pier, if I remember correctly) for some of us family friends to stay the weekend in, and have a baby shower for her. Lynley and I drove together down to San Diego and somehow instead of meeting at the rooms, we got lost, unknowingly drove out to Coronado Island, and found our address there-- right on top of a man-hole! (No really, it was in the street-- there wasn't anything there!) Eventually we made it, though, and had a lot of fun. When I returned home on Sunday, one of Ryan's old friends was at our house, and somehow she'd thought that I had left him and then changed my mind and came home! Haha! For anyone who knows me well, that would never happen in a million years. If I ever disappear, you can be 100% certain that it was foul play!

Anyhow, my friend Kerri is getting married in Utah, and I've been telling my sisters how much I wanted to come out and see where they live..... so I'll kill a bunch of birds with one stone, 'cause I have no idea how many old friends and family I'll get to see! My one-and-only is taking time off from work, and has agreed to brave it with the kids all by himself! Yipppeeeeeeeeeee!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were going alone and that your hubby is being full-time daddy for you! That is awesome and just as it should be. If he doesn't already appreciate you, he will! You've earned a break, for sure.

Annie said...

I'm so glad you get to go! You deserve a vacation. Totally love the story about ending up on Coronado Isaland, although getting lost there couldn't have been too awful right? Love reading your blog!