Friday, November 14, 2008

KAYLA IS 8!

Our little girl is eight now (as of Nov. 9th), and I can hardly believe it! I still remember so clearly the day we found out we were having her..... I was 21, had just stopped nursing Tyler (who was 15 mo.s) and I was on the pill and 4 days late. I didn't really think anything of it, but since a pregnancy test was free to those of us in military households, I went in and got tested so I wouldn't wonder. No one had called with the results yet and I needed to go to the commissary, so I left Tyler with Ryan and went grocery shopping. When I returned home, Ryan greeted me with a HUGE grin and there was a note pinned to his shirt which read "of 2!" I was stumped for a minute, until I realized that he was wearing his "great dad" shirt (so, for those who are mentally challenged like me, the shirt now read "great dad of 2!")! I was completely shocked. It took about 5 minutes for it to sink in, and then I was just as excited as Ryan was, but of course he likes to try to irritate me by saying that he wanted to have Kayla more than I did. (MEN! ) Kayla is such a sweetheart-- she does great in school and is a help to me with her younger brothers, but gone are the days when she'd announce to anyone listening "I has a pink pack-pack" or when she'd go running down the hall, waving her arms, screeching "I has to go POOOOOTTTTTTTYYY!" I get to enjoy her company in new ways now, and I am so lucky to have an ally to roll my eyes with when the boys are being ridiculous!

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is perfect! I love the way ryan told you that you were pregnant instead of the other way around. That is so fun! I'm glad you have a girl around as an ally.